Pages

Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Chocolate Sour Cream Frosting



This post is all about frosting. Choose your favorite brownie recipe or make a box mix. This frosting will elevate any brownie!
This is the only chocolate frosting you will ever need, it's that good. It is yummy on brownies, cake, cupcakes and graham crackers too! And it is easy.

Chocolate Sour Cream Frosting
1 cup semi sweet chocolate pieces that's about 6 ounces. I like Ghirardelli. If I can't find Ghirardelli chocolate chips I will chop up a semi-sweet baking bar. Please don't cheat and use milk chocolate or cheap chocolate--you can, it just won't be wonderful!
1/4 cup butter
1/2 cup sour cream
pinch of salt
2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
Melt chocolate and butter over low heat or in the micro--watch carefully as it scorches easily. In my old age I can't multi-task. So when I melt chocolate, I melt chocolate! Sad but true. Let mixture cool for a few minutes then add sour cream and salt. Gradually add powdered sugar and beat till smooth. It's delicious! Frosts a 9x13 pan of brownies or 24 cupcakes.



No comments: